Zivtech is currently looking for a Senior Drupal Developer to work with their distributed Engineering team who is comfortable working in both back-end and front-end technologies. Zivtech has a flexible, but fast paced work environment, and is seeking talented individuals who are eager to contribute and learn.
As a Senior Drupal Developer, you will work with the project lead, or as the project lead to derive requirements and create custom front-end and back-end systems that conform to customer requirements. You’re responsible for technical leadership in one or more engineering domains as part of an engineering team. You’re responsible for maintaining plans, documentation, and backlogs for one or more technical domains.
- Show initiative beyond knocking tasks off a list; you're able to research and evaluate solutions, features, and related technologies that fulfill project requirements and anticipate future client needs
- Test assigned features to ensure proper functionality
- Working with the project lead to analyze customer requirements and system requirements
- Responsible for breaking down complex tasks, completing them, and managing roadblocks by coming up with workarounds or grabbing others for help or insight as necessary
- Contribute to the common codebases and standards for your team
- Mentor team members on development best practices
- Assist in identifying and validating test cases and can identify regression risks in their features
- Identify risks in code, features, and design, and communicate these to the appropriate parties
- Effectively lead projects with awareness to project deliverables, budget, and the needs of the client
Required knowledge, skills, and experience:
- 5+ years of experience designing and building web applications and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, information technology, or equivalent area of study or professional experience
- Deep knowledge of the Drupal 8/9 CMS, including module and theme layer, and ability to create pragmatic custom technology solutions founded on Drupal best practice
- Experience with Drupal migrations
- Advanced knowledge of Git
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Familiarity with object-oriented PHP programming, including common design patterns
- Comfortable with reading API documentation and integrating with external APIs and systems
- Comfortable writing complex SQL queries as well as Drupal EntityQueries and the Database API
- Experience with the command line shell and tools like Drush
Nice to have:
- Experience with React & React Native
- One or more Acquia Drupal certifications
- Experience designing and maintaining a custom reusable component library and/or theme
- Additional considerations
COVID-19 policy: Zivtech’s building and office policy require proof of vaccination for individuals to enter or work on the premises.
If you're interested in joining this thriving, growing business and doing cutting-edge work, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] (no calls please).