Mediacurrent is an open-source development and digital marketing agency that creates transformative digital experience platforms for enterprise, government, non-profit, and higher education organizations and their customers.
Since 2007, Mediacurrent has built a growing, sustainable company that believes in collaboration, education, and providing predictable results for our clients. Organizations such as The Weather Channel, PwC, New York Senate, Georgia Tech, Olympus, Habitat for Humanity, and Guardian Insurance have trusted Mediacurrent to solve their most complex digital and web challenges.
Mediacurrent is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace by welcoming team members from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Team values include promoting positive impact, empathy, and inclusivity while fostering leadership and personal growth through dignity and respect. It includes having fun while working and always making an effort to give back to our communities. Mediacurrent team spans across 30+ states. BIPOC, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About the Role
You’ll work with a distributed team of top talent that is committed to delivering the best for Mediacurrent clients, supporting you and your career development, and being a thought leader in open-source software.
Offer to you includes:
- The support, tools, and environment to help you succeed.
- An existing team of thought leaders in their field with a portfolio of world-class case studies to prove it.
- Exposure to all facets of the web development process in a transparent, fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
- An ability to telecommute and work from the convenience of your home.
- A portfolio of challenging projects across every industry vertical with global brands.
- Excellent learning opportunities, professional growth, and mentoring.
- Guide customers and team through the front-end process, helping articulate the designers/client’s vision to other developers.
- Turn interface designs into style guide components and Drupal themes that position customers’ web presence for success.
- Determine optimal development direction based on project requirements.
- Work with and integrate front-end frameworks such as React.
- Keep informed and provide thought leadership on emerging interactive design, front-end technology, and usability trends.
- Contribute to open source community projects that are centered around usability and the front-end.
- Provide project and task estimates.
- Work with internal and external customers to discuss project status and long-term roadmap strategies.
- Ensure proper approach, best practice application, and correct separation of presentation code from business logic.
- Create prototypes that communicate the features and functionality to internal teams and clients.
- 2+ years of experience designing and building web applications and solutions.
- Demonstrable excellence in producing technical solutions at a high level
- CSS/HTML5 expert that understands the latest trends and techniques for styling for desktop and mobile browsers.
- Knowledge of responsive design, accessibility, and a good knowledge of browsers’ limitations and features.
- Detail-oriented, excellent follow-through, ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, working on multiple projects in unison.
- Experience using source control systems such as Git.
- Experience with Drupal 8, Twig, and implementation of front-end development within CMS platforms is a plus.
- Expertise in interactive design, including CSS animation techniques.
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and teamwork skills.
- Positive, supportive, and a good sense of humor are traits desired.
Perks & Benefits
- Funding for conferences and continuing education.
- Annual stipend for tech tools to help you do your job.
- Opportunity to have every other Friday off (9x80 schedule)
- Benefits package, including generous health insurance coverage for individuals, a matching 401k savings plan, and paid vacation.
- Apple Macbook decked out with the latest high-end specs.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Mentoring, lots of training, and weekly knowledge shares.
- Work remotely full time.