Mediacurrent is an open-source development and digital marketing agency that creates transformative digital experience platforms for enterprise, government, non-profit, and higher education organizations and their customers.
Since 2007, Mediacurrent has built a growing, sustainable company that believes in collaboration, education, and providing predictable results for our clients. Organizations such as The Weather Channel, PwC, New York Senate, Georgia Tech, Olympus, Habitat for Humanity, and Guardian Insurance have trusted Mediacurrent to solve their most complex digital and web challenges.
Mediacurrent is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace by welcoming team members from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Team values include promoting positive impact, empathy, and inclusivity while fostering leadership and personal growth through dignity and respect. It includes having fun while working and always making an effort to give back to our communities. Mediacurrent team spans across 30+ states. BIPOC, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About the Department
The Senior Drupal Developer works with the project lead, or as the project lead to derive requirements and create custom front-end systems that conform to customer requirements. The role leads or works with the project lead to derive requirements and create custom implementations that conform to customer requirements.
- Research and evaluate solutions, features, and related technologies that fulfill project requirements, augment and improve the application, and anticipate future client needs.
- Provide technical development and analysis across all project types. Specifically focuses on enterprise-level projects.
- Test assigned features to ensure proper functionality, prior to committing to live staging build.
- Mentor team members on development best practices.
- Assist sales team and Director of Development on scoping and pricing custom development and support projects.
- Working with the project lead to analyze customer requirements and system requirements.
- Draft technical plans and functional specification documents for leading custom and support implementations.
- Lead projects with awareness to project deliverables, budget, and client needs.
Required knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, information technology, or equivalent area of study or professional experience.
- 4+ years of experience designing and building web applications and solutions.
- Demonstrable excellence producing technical solutions at a high level for at least 2 years.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Knowledge of custom Drupal implementations, front-end frameworks, and the ability to create pragmatic custom technology solutions founded on best practices.
- Deep knowledge of the Drupal application framework, including module and theme layer, and ability to create pragmatic custom technology solutions founded on Drupal best practices.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to draft detailed technical specification documentation.
- Understanding of current web technologies such as React, Gatsby, GraphQL etc.
- Advanced understanding of Git version control.
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to plan and build large-scale technology projects successfully.
Valued knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Understanding of efficient deployment workflows.
- Drupal experience.
- React and related technology experience.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies such as Agile, Rational Unified Process, Waterfall, and understanding when to apply them.
- Technology training experience.
- Writing and editorial experience.
Perks & Benefits
- Funding for conferences and continuing education.
- Annual stipend for tech tools to help you do your job.
- Opportunity to have every other Friday off (9x80 schedule)
- Benefits package, including generous health insurance coverage for individuals, a matching 401k savings plan, and paid vacation.
- Apple Macbook decked out with the latest high-end specs.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Mentoring, lots of training, and weekly knowledge shares.
- Work remotely full time.