Works closely and collaboratively with users to design, create, develop, enhance and maintain web content, tools, functionality and format based on requests to ensure consistency in content in accordance with established standards, guidelines and best practice methods.
- Develops web forms, templates, database-driven web pages, new web tools and dynamic areas within web pages designed to enhance, sustain and support ideas and vision of the area in compliance with established styles and standards.
- Provides technical consultative suggestions and recommendations to users for continued enhancements to web content and informational areas.
- Works closely with users to understand requirements, security needs; develops and presents initial design ideas and associated tools, tests functionality to ensure objectives are achieved; integrates user-developed content. Identifies and troubleshoots errors and/or problems with web-based applications; works collaboratively with involved stakeholders to facilitate timely resolution; escalates as appropriate.
- Participates as either leader or team member in a wide variety of projects to develop and improve routine procedures through the use of innovative and technology-supported solutions; prepares associated documentation and end-user training.
- Remains abreast of technology directions, initiatives, and trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance, and recommendations.
- Designs, develops, maintains, and enhances a variety of online instructional content, services and forms to facilitate the delivery of a technology-based curriculum along with associated supporting content.
- Provides technical support in the production of multimedia-based layouts, graphics, animations, video, and sound; designs web interfaces and develops layout design/content; selects illustrative materials for use ensuring consistency, accuracy, and compliance with all standards.
- Prepares training materials and associated documentation.
- Creates custom elements for text that are common across multiple pages; audits for redundant text.
- Proactively identifies, develops, and deploys solutions to improve the effectiveness of technology delivered materials/information
Associate's degree in Information Technology, Business, Communications or closely related field AND three (3) years web content, graphic design or electronic publishing experience, OR, any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in Drupal 9 operations and migration, required
- Demonstrated knowledge of web-based applications and associated database requirements; strong understanding of design concepts, principles, practices and methods; security/permission standards; knowledge of procedure methods and techniques
- Evidence in possessing design skills, advanced PhotoShop skills, user interface design and usability skills
- Experience in creating subsites, navigation and templates
- Experience in conducting site reviews to improve basic pages and manage inactive/old pages
- Experience in giving accurate time estimates for work; setting deadlines
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking. Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer; bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds. Ability to clearly communicate perform essential duties.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: Arizona State University is a federal contractor and subject to federal regulations which may require you to produce a record of a COVID-19 vaccination. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion's webpage.
The Watts College of Public Service and Community Solutions embraces students and faculty dedicated to rigorous education and research in the service of social and economic change. Areas of expertise include: improving the quality of life for individuals and families from all backgrounds; innovative approaches to public management; and nonprofit leadership and organizational effectiveness. We partner with those intent on addressing critical social issues and are confident that Phoenix and the State of Arizona can be exemplars for the future.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore...
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/.... You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-s....
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon the successful passing of the background check.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four-year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.