PreviousNext is looking for an experienced, self motivated front-end developer to join their team.
Candidates must have:
- Excellent communication skills: able to communicate with developers, clients, designers and other non-technical people in both written and oral forms
- A high degree of self-discipline and professionalism in updating tasks, communicating with the team, and logging time spent
- Keen interest in best practice and modern technologies
- Experience using Git branching workflows, and pull requests
- Some experience with Drupal (preferably Drupal 8) theming and Twig
- Ideally 5+ years of working in front-end development
In addition, it is desirable for candidates to have:
- Understanding of the WCAG 2.0 standard for Web Accessibility
- Understanding of design components, and styleguide-driven development
- Experience with front-end JS frameworks such as React and modern standards like ES6
- Experience working with build tools like Gulp and NPM scripts
- Appreciation for UX and attention to design detail
- Experience working with automated testing tools such as NightwatchJS
- Experience with Drupal site building
- Understanding of front-end performance
- Willingness to learn any or all of the above!
- Communication: Meetings follow the common Agile ceremonies, and take place online. Slack is used for all other team communication. Client communication can be through Slack and/or the project management tool.
- Travel: As the majority of meetings take place online, travel to client offices is limited. Developers may be requested to travel for occasional client meetings, with all expenses covered. There is also a bi-annual company funded summit / team get together.
- Time tracking: Our business relies on billing for the time you spend, so each team member is responsible for ensuring time logs are up to date.
- Staff have a high degree of autonomy to self manage their output by defining their working hours and office location.
- Many of our staff are already parents or are planning their own families, so we have comprehensive approaches for parental leave and flexibility around structuring roles to accommodate individual family circumstances.
- All staff are eligible to participate in a company wide profit share scheme after 1 year of tenure.
- Staff with more than 5 years tenure are eligible for a month of Early Long Service Leave.
- Up to 5% on top of your salary can be budgeted for professional training and conference attendance and we have a very active program to encourage staff to talk at conferences themselves.
- Up to 20% of your paid hours can be directed to open source code contribution or other community related activities.
- All staff receive an allowance to buy your own equipment under a salary sacrifice model. This means that everyone works on their preferred computer spec and can deck out their home offices with great furniture and accessories.
- Your ongoing health is of paramount importance to us and everyone receives an annual allowance to help pay for gym or sport team memberships, yoga classes and other wellbeing programs of their choice.