This position reports to the Director of Engineering for Frontend and Mobile Applications.
- Break down functional requirements into technical tasks.
- Communicate with clients to clarify requirements and discuss solution options.
- Estimate development tasks.
- Design data structures, including component composition, properties, and state.
- Suggest improvements to software systems.
- Lead portions of the project development process.
- Troubleshoot operational issues to determine root cause and perform resolution.
- Manage codebase to create releases and deploy code to production systems.
- Shares knowledge and mentors colleagues as needed.
- Provide self-documenting code and operational documentation as required.
- Meet periodically with a mentor/manager/team lead to keep on track with development.
- Accept constructive feedback and seek assistance as needed.
- Perform code reviews on pull requests.
- Strong knowledge of modern CSS, including, Flexbox, CSS grid, CSS variables.
- Strong understanding of the DOM (Document Object Model) and DOM manipulation.
- Experience with one or more frontend frameworks.
- Experience writing automated tests using systems such as Mocha, Jest, or Cypress.
- Ability to collaborate with design and product team(s) and make recommendations that ease or improve implementation.
- Experience using Git, including the abilities to commit code, work with merge conflicts and comprehend industry standard Git workflows.
- Experience with, or basic knowledge of, Web Components strongly preferred.
- Experience developing in TypeScript.
- Experience developing with Tailwind CSS.
- Experience advocating for accessibility best practices.
- Drupal theming experience, including the Twig templating system, a plus.
- Experience with bundling systems such as Webpack, Snowpack, Parcel, etc.