Your role is to help us build the best eCommerce experience that we can. As we integrate going direct-to-consumer internationally, you’ll be deep in the code base, while also growing and supporting a team of talented, self-driven developers.
There’s a unique opportunity here to build this product from ideation to delivery. Forget working on a tiny piece of the platform, you’ll be scoping out the whole thing with us. Our engineering culture is being set as we speak. Join us and make your mark!
Your Day-to-Day will Involve:
- Setting the technical vision and engineering roadmap
- Growing and leading our engineering team while developing their careers and technical capabilities
- Leading and driving delivery, while providing visibility of progress and performance
We’re looking to welcome an enthusiastic Senior Developer with leadership experience and full stack capabilities. Strong vision is a must, as you’ll be given plenty of autonomy while building projects end-to-end. Dazzle us with your creativity and of course, a team is only as good as its leader, so you’ll need to be able to mentor, direct, and support your crew as they develop their skills and knowledge.
Skills We Need:
- Commercial experience developing front end solutions utilising React.
- We’re hosted on AWS, so your prior knowledge and experience will be crucial.
- Understanding of and appreciation for contemporary web design and the key design principles.
- Extensive experience with React, Node.js and PHP
- Experience with APIs - Designing and coding new RESTful APIs that support both web and programmatic calls
- Commercial experience with Drupal or similar CMS platform
- Familiarity with any RDMS (MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres, etc) type database
- Experience with end-to-end product planning & execution
- Excellent verbal communication, coaching and leadership skills.
Extra Points For:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- eCommerce experience in a global setting.
- Flexible working hours and WFH hybrid options
- Newly renovated offices in Zetland with coffee shops and retail on your doorstep
- Subsidised office parking, close public transport
- Personal L&D budget
- Wellness program – mindfulness, meditation, massages, EAP, optional events and challenges, yearly health checks
- Regular team events
- Birthday leave
- Salary Packaging
- Discounts on products
- Recognition and reward platform DREAM
- We love pets and are a fur friendly office.