A Drupal Staff Engineer is a beacon of trusted and transferable in-depth domain knowledge, often in multiple areas within Axelerant. Staff Engineers exert influence across many projects, providing insight and guidance to leaders and teams, helping inform on final solutions.
Drupal Staff Engineers are experienced consultants and professional leaders with the wisdom to judge which of the latest tools and industry trends are worth exploring and relevant to Axelerant.
A Drupal Staff Engineer at Axelerant could progress to a Principal Engineer role within five years.
- Accountable for designing and building high-traffic Drupal applications with non-trivial content structure and functionality
- Responsible for guiding technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Responsible for negotiating mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners, and other stakeholders
- Accountable for complex Drupal development tasks, including custom module development using the Drupal API system and hooks from major Drupal core systems
- Responsible for understanding how system functions contribute to the strategic direction of the business and the ability to make valuable contributions
- Accountable for solving problems effectively by gathering insight from team members, ensuring that they have all the information they need for accurate analysis and consideration, involving them, and supporting them as needed
- Accountable to identify, analyze, and solve problems systematically rather than solely by intuition or instinct; look for root causes, not just symptoms of the pain; weigh pros and cons of actions; and decide when to escalate issues
- Responsible for providing coaching and mentoring to team and colleagues
- Responsible for transforming requirements into technical architecture and then into tasks delegated to team members
- Responsible for documenting incidents and issues for communication and reference purposes
- Responsible PHP and SQL administration and code optimization
- Accountable for Unix/Linux or Windows server administration
- Relevant career experience
- Drupal experience
- Experience using agile methodologies
- Experience using Git source code versioning and Pull Requests
- Working in a consulting or agency environment with enterprise-level clients
- Experience with Drupal development technologies such as Drush, Configuration Management, and Composer
- Strong English communication and team collaboration skills
Nice to Have:
- Actively contributing to Drupal or other open-source projects
- Coachable leadership and presentation skills
- Experience providing technical consulting and support
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and large scale application deployment
- Experience with other content management systems and open-source technologies
All of Axelerant’s roles are considered work from anywhere. But, we’re mainly looking to build our teams around Africa, Latin America, and Southeast Asia unless specified otherwise. And, we typically expect people to have a two-hour crossover with 11 AM to 7 PM India (UTC+05:30) each workday for meetings and coaching. Further, our salaries are India-based with regional factoring, though some overrides exist.