Our team of Drupal engineers is growing and we’re on the lookout for Junior and Senior BE engineers and also a Full-Stack engineer. Your work will have a significant impact and the role will expose you to working on a range of open source projects for the not for profit sector including complex Drupal implementations, portals, e-commerce sites and community platforms. In this role you will report directly to one of our Product Owners and technically to our Drupal Tech Lead.
We’re an established and growing Drupal agency, working on many exciting and challenging projects. Whilst our solutions are based on Drupal (with a range of both Drupal 7 and 8/9 implementations) they also include a widely used not-for-profit focussed CRM module known as CiviCRM and a Drupal distribution called Open Social. The combination of these platforms adds an extra layer of complexity to our work and will give you exposure to technologies other than standard Drupal and a chance to further develop your skills.
If that sounds like the right fit for you we’d love to hear from you.
- Work on a broad range of Drupal sites, from smaller self contained projects to large-scale enterprise-level multitier deployments.
- Ensure technical expectations, and requirements of deliverables are met
- Working on Drupal 7, 8 and 9 implementations, many with complex CiviCRM integrations
- Unit testing / Code reviews
- Estimate time and level of effort for development tasks
- Collaborate and support cross-functional delivery teams that include fellow developers, designers, project management, and customer stakeholders
- Experience in both Drupal 7 and 8/9
- Experience with PHP and PHP files, writing modern PHP code the right way (https://phptherightway.com/)
- Good database / SQL (MySQL) skills, including performance optimisation and normalisation
- Good knowledge of theme functions and the Drupal theme layer
- Knowledge of development for accessibility and inclusivity
- Strong Git experience (you know your submodules from your subtrees!) and knowledge of working with Drupal in a team environment (i.e. using features, configuration management etc).
- Experience with Drupal modules such as CTools, Views, Panels and custom modules
- Good knowledge of Web-services based on SOAP / REST
- Experience with Docker, Composer and DRUSH
- Experience with Acquia, PlatformSH or other PaaS service
- Experience writing PHP unit tests for Drupal
- Object oriented PHP skills
- Experience in developing high performing software
- A solid understanding of software architecture concepts and how to apply them in a Drupal environment
- Experience with CiviCRM or working with CRMs in general
- Strong understanding of continuous integration and test automation in multiple environments and multiple project streams
- Able to prioritize and manage time on multiple projects
What we value in this role:
- You have formed opinions over what makes good software development practices and can communicate them clearly, but are open to the thoughts and views of others
- You look to learn at every opportunity
- You search for and propose improvements at all levels as part of your work
- You are as excited about architectural technical discussions as fixing small bugs
- You champion agile best practices and Continuous Delivery
- Demonstrable experience of having contributed to the Drupal community
- You want to be involved in both the technical aspects of the role but also consider business strategy, customer insight, technology platforms.