Job Title: Drupal Developer II REMOTE (Multiple Countries)
Take your passion for open source technologies, Drupal, and building innovative web systems to the next level by ditching your commute to work. As an experienced PHP/Drupal Developer, you will work with a talented team of in-house software developers, technologists, strategists, and creatives to develop ambitious digital experiences for our partners.
Want to be working wherever you're most comfortable? We're looking for people like you.
A Drupal Developer II at Axelerant has a broad domain grounding and produces quality results for sizeable tasks in a project team. They are comfortable with their preferred domain and frameworks while composing outcomes medium complexity using modern methodologies.
Drupal Developer IIs are confident communicators internally and with clients. They are still learning more in-depth on the domain side while gaining confidence in sharing their knowledge to help others. Upon reaching Drupal Developer II, their project work is fully billable.
The Drupal Developer II at Axelerant could progress to a Senior Drupal Developer role within three years.
What to expect in the Drupal hiring process at Axelerant.
- Responsible for designing and building Drupal applications with trivial content structure and functionality
- Support technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Support mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners, and other stakeholders
- Responsible for Drupal development tasks including custom module using agile, collaborative, and continuous integration methodologies
- Responsible for solving problems effectively by collaborating with peers
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing, and solving problems systematically rather than solely by gut
- Support being coached and mentored
- Responsible for documenting incidents and issues for communication and reference purposes
- Demonstrated Drupal experience
- Experience using agile methodologies
- Experience using Git source code versioning and Pull Requests
- Experience with Drupal development technologies such as Drush, Configuration Management, and Composer
Nice to Have
- Actively contributing to Drupal or other open-source projects
- Coachable leadership and presentation skills
- Experience providing technical consulting and support
- Experience with agile methodologies for teams
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and large scale application deployment
- Experience with other content management systems and open-source technologies
All of Axelerant’s roles are considered work from anywhere. But, we’re mainly looking to build our teams around Africa, Latin America, and Southeast Asia unless specified otherwise. And, we typically expect people to have a two-hour crossover with 11 AM to 7 PM India (UTC+05:30) each workday for meetings and coaching. Further, our salaries are India-based with regional factoring, though some overrides exist.
We began as an idea in 2012 to build a work from anywhere professional services organization that empowers our team members. Today, we have achieved that and are continuously improving our career, engagement, and performance programs, as demonstrated by our Axelerant Difference and 4.9/5.0 Glassdoor rating.
Axelerant accelerates digital outcomes for customers as their primary partner of record. This means that our growing team of over 150 is amongst the best worldwide who create substantial value for our customers because they care about what they do.
Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive Opportunities
We believe that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team is critical to our success as a global company. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Kindness and openness are Axelerant core values, and when you qualify for a role, we will make an effort to include and accommodate you, even when that looks different than it seems for others. E.g., non-standard work hours, specialized work equipment, modified work agreements.
Discrimination isn’t welcome at Axelerant.
We want you to attend events related to the things you care about. Get sponsored by us to attend when you’re contributing locally and beyond.
Meaningful Time Off
52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.
We’re always teaching and learning. Continuing education, peer mentorship, life coaching, certifications, and training help our team members advance professionally.
Remote & Flexible
All you need is a reliable Internet connection. Work from anywhere you’re comfortable and choose work hours to balance your life.
Retreats & Meetups
With annual retreats, quarterly town halls, and monthly celebrations, we never let remote get in the way of work or fun.