Job Post: Senior Drupal Developer REMOTE (Multiple Countries)
A Senior Drupal Developer demonstrates a broad depth of domain understanding, with commercial experience in multiple aspects, platforms, and frameworks. They are often seen as the delivery powerhouses on projects where they support leaders with decision making, especially around systems architecture.
A Senior Drupal Developer's breadth of knowledge makes them exceptional domain problem solvers and core contributors to the community through demonstrations and guidelines. They are well-respected for their domain abilities and authority at Axelerant.
A Senior Drupal Developer at Axelerant could progress to a Drupal Staff Engineer role within four years.
What to expect in the Drupal hiring process at Axelerant.
- Responsible for designing and building high-traffic Drupal applications with non-trivial content structure and functionality
- Responsible for guiding technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Responsible for mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners, and other stakeholders
- Responsible for complex Drupal development tasks, including custom module development using the Drupal API system and hooks from major Drupal core systems
- Responsible for understanding how system functions contribute to the strategic direction of the business and the ability to make valuable contributions
- Responsible for solving problems effectively by gathering insight from team members, ensuring that they have all the information they need for accurate analysis and consideration, involving them, and supporting them as needed
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing, and solving problems systematically rather than solely by intuition or instinct; looking for root causes, not just symptoms of the pain; weighing pros and cons of actions; and deciding when to escalate issues
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring to team and colleagues
- Responsible for transforming requirements into technical architecture and then into tasks delegated to team members
- Responsible for documenting incidents and issues for communication and reference purposes
- Responsible for PHP and SQL administration and code optimization
- Responsible for Unix/Linux or Windows server administration
- Demonstrated Drupal experience
- Experience using agile methodologies
- Experience using Git source code versioning and Pull Requests
- Working in a consulting or agency environment with enterprise-level clients
- Experience with Drupal development technologies such as Drush, Configuration Management, and Composer
- Competent English communication and team collaboration skills
Nice to Have
- Actively contributing to Drupal or other open-source projects
- Coachable leadership and presentation skills
- Experience providing technical consulting and support
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and large scale application deployment
- Experience with other content management systems and open-source technologies
All of Axelerant’s roles are considered work from anywhere. But, we’re mainly looking to build our teams around Africa, Latin America, and Southeast Asia unless specified otherwise. And, we typically expect people to have a two-hour crossover with 11 AM to 7 PM India (UTC+05:30) each workday for meetings and coaching. Further, our salaries are India-based with regional factoring, though some overrides exist.
We began as an idea in 2012 to build a work from anywhere professional services organization that empowers our team members. Today, we have achieved that and are continuously improving our career, engagement, and performance programs, as demonstrated by our Axelerant Difference and 4.9/5.0 Glassdoor rating.
Axelerant accelerates digital outcomes for customers as their primary partner of record. This means that our growing team of over 150 is amongst the best worldwide who create substantial value for our customers because they care about what they do.
Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive Opportunities
We believe that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team is critical to our success as a global company. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Kindness and openness are Axelerant core values, and when you qualify for a role, we will make an effort to include and accommodate you, even when that looks different than it seems for others. E.g., non-standard work hours, specialized work equipment, modified work agreements.
Discrimination isn’t welcome at Axelerant.
We want you to attend events related to the things you care about. Get sponsored by us to attend when you’re contributing locally and beyond.
Meaningful Time Off
52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.
We’re always teaching and learning. Continuing education, peer mentorship, life coaching, certifications, and training help our team members advance professionally.
Remote & Flexible
All you need is a reliable Internet connection. Work from anywhere you’re comfortable and choose work hours to balance your life.
Retreats & Meetups
With annual retreats, quarterly town halls, and monthly celebrations, we never let remote get in the way of work or fun.