A note for recruiters – Bliss has a preferred suppliers list and isn't currently looking for new recruitment partners.
Bliss is looking for a UK-based Back-end Developer to join its close-knit team.
Bliss is predominantly an open source agency, which is beneficial for non-profit and charity customers. Much of this is based in PHP and Drupal, but also use popular, modern technologies such as Node.js and Laravel.
- Salary: Depending on talent, skills and experience. Bliss use a salary banding system to encourage fairness and transparency.
- Start date: Flexible.
- Location: Remote, but candidate must be based in the UK, to allow for regular face to face meetings.
- Hours: 5 days per week is preferred, but part time applications will be considered. Bliss operates a flexible working policy.
- Ideal experience: Looking for more than 3 years’ commercial experience.
Digital with Purpose
Bliss provides digital strategy, development and support for organisations that make the world a better place.
Bliss is friendly, collaborative and fair, and requires all team members to embody these core values.
Bliss is a sustainable business that wants to contribute more than taken. The company’s work in the humanitarian, charity, and non-profit sectors reflects its values and is looking to expand this in 2021 and beyond. An accredited employer of the Living Wage Foundation, its working towards B Corp certification.
Quality is very important to Bliss, and the team is constantly striving to improve skills, knowledge and working practices. Where Bliss doesn’t think they are able to be great, they look to partners who are.
If this sounds like the sort of agency you’d like to work for, do apply!
At Bliss, personal values are as important as experience and skills. If you’re not a good fit for the agency, you won’t enjoy your job, and that’s not good for anyone.
Values include looking after each other, the planet, and all humankind.
Not selfless, but will choose to do the right thing above all else.
Bliss is open and transparent with its colleagues and clients.
Bliss hopes to create friendships from work relationships, gaining trust and respect.
The team works to the same goals even if not agreeable individually.
Bliss values collective success as much as personal victories.
Skills and Experience
You probably need these skills to be great at this job:
- Developing and maintaining back-end code for websites.
- Be proficient with PHP.
- Built or integrated some REST APIs.
- Can query and maintain MySQL / PostgreSQL.
- Know your way around Git, GitHub, GitLab, Git anything really.
- Merging code responsibly and contributing to Code Reviews.
- Knowledge of modern CI/CD systems.
Having experience with these skills would be a benefit:
- Building modules or themes in Drupal 7, 8, 9.
- Familiar with Docker and Composer.
- Have hands on experience with Go, Python or Node.js.
- Used a framework like Laravel or Symfony.
- Experience with Jenkins and Platform.sh.
- Flexible access to office space, where and when you need it.
- Healthcare scheme, including counselling, dental and opticians.
- Accident and accidental death insurance.
- Profit-related bonus.
- Buy / sell holiday scheme.
- Individual annual training budget, plus additional budget for group activities.
- Social budget - staff that play together, stay together!
- Holiday loyalty scheme - earn up to 30 holidays per year.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- A generous pension scheme - 5% matched contributions.
- Employee purchase scheme, to help you buy headphones and bags.
- and many more planned!
Some benefits are only available after probation, and can be withdrawn or amended in the future to ensure they are providing value for the team and business.Generally though, Bliss will be looking to add and improve these over time.
Bliss has always believed in being flexible, and is currently moving from an office-first to a remote-first model. The company believes that both working together face-to-face and working from home have benefits, and will provide the best of both worlds to the team.
But above all, Bliss believes in flexibility.