We’re looking for an experienced developer with direct experience with Drupal. This is a full-time role based out of our Kelowna office, with hybrid and remote options as well.
As part of a fun team, the right candidate will be passionate about client solutions, serious about their code, and able to contribute to the wacky office environment. The developer we want is somebody open to learning and laughing, while producing the best web solutions.
We're a little off the wall when it comes to our in-office culture. To us "Cheeky" is more than just part of our name - it's a description for our way of life. If you're tired of working in a boring corporate environment, or seeking a little more camaraderie and fun in your workday, then we want to speak with you.
Aside from being a little off-the-wall the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
Pride in your work - you’ll need to produce high quality code and solutions that align with our quality standards and can follow the processes and standards that Cheeky Monkey Media has set.
- Skill & Talent - You can implement updates & revisions to web sites as needed, and provide efficient solutions in a timely manner for work requests, issues, and defects
- Responsibility - You can work independently on multiple smaller tasks or larger builds with shifting priorities to meet deadlines, and you’re able to communicate challenges clearly and quickly to the team.
- Ingenuity & Imagination - You can conceptualize solutions and accurately provide estimates for the time required to perform a build, add functionality to an existing site, or repair a bug.
- Team Mentality - You understand and appreciate that you're part of a bigger team. You can communicate well with the team (and sometimes clients) on work requests, challenges, and potential issues.
- Leadership - You're comfortable with peer coaching and mentoring, are constantly looking to improve your own skills, and are able to admit when you need additional help or support.
The right fit for this role have familiarity and expertise with:
- Bonus: C++/Objective C/C#/C
- A source control system (ex, SVN, Git, GitHub, etc.)
- Linux administration, Apache configuration, MySQL databases.
- Efficient & smooth banana peeling
- A reliable internet connection that allows you to stay in communication with the team and clients
- While formal education in Computer Science (or related field) is preferred, if you have a wealth (at least 3 to 4 years) of real world experience, we’d love to hear from you.
ALSO - we’re going to want to see Code Samples! As this is specifically a Drupal development role, you’ll need to have direct experience with the platform, and be able to show it off!
Some of the Advantages to Being a Monkey
- Remote work opportunities (Work in any part of North America, as long as you can maintain general alignment with our office hours
- Flexible Start times - want to work 8-4? 9-5? Sure. That works for us.
- Paid 1-Hour Lunch Break
- Team Bonding/Chill Session every second Friday Afternoon
- Ongoing Education Support - Want to take a class or course to improve your skills? We can help!
- Group Benefits Package (after 3 months)
- (In-Office Staff) a hybrid work schedule
- (In-Office Staff) Dog-friendly office
- (In-Office Staff) Constant fear of random Nerf Assaults