As a Senior Engineer at Kanopi Studios, you are instrumental in delivering outstanding digital experiences to our clients. This role is varied and can include anything from deeply technical custom integrations to strategic improvements on existing sites. Your day-to-day includes spending your time hands-on developing and collaborating on sites while staying accountable to schedules, estimates, project requirements, and high standards of quality.
Your typical work week might include:
- Understanding the business goals and needs of your clients for sites you support.
- Making smart technical design decisions and tradeoffs that consider your clients’ business requirements.
- Expertly crafting custom front- or back-end solutions in Drupal
- End-to-end responsibilities for engineering work on complex projects.
- Contributing to our common code libraries.
- Writing tests and contributing to test cases.
- Technical planning and execution of new features on existing sites.
- Building against an established suite of user stories for large-scale projects.
- Proactively identifying issues and technical limitations and communicating clearly across agency functional areas.
- Clearly document code and processes to communicate your technical decisions.
- Mentoring new and developing engineers.
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have 5+ years of related Drupal experience. Front-end experience strongly preferred.
- Have worked in an agency environment, preferably in multiple time zones.
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry trends.
- Show strong problem-solving abilities, intelligence, and initiative.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of modern development workflows, including use of the command line, gitflow, containers, and dev/stage/prod environments.
- Deeply understand modern web standards and technologies.
- Exhibit thoughtful, inclusive, and articulate communication skills, both in writing and in person.
- Have a BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Have some React.js or Vue experience (this would be an awesome plus).
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters, or overseas applicants.