Phase2 is looking for a developer with a strong backend background who focuses on holistic backend development and Drupal specialization to join our expanding Engineering team. The ideal candidate is a passionate problem solver who applies their technical experience to create compelling and useful digital experiences. You will collaboratively work with other developers and team members from internal and external organizations to develop cutting-edge digital platforms and solve complex problems.
- Drupal 8/9+ backend development
- Using Git for code management
- Basic debugging and troubleshooting of technical issues, and identifying appropriate solutions which consider the impact on a wider range of functionality
- Working with development teams to identify dependencies and implementation tasks to be performed
- Communicate technical information in a non-technical manner
- Open to giving and receiving honest feedback on technical approach and implementation, peer code review, etc.
- Drupal 8/9+ experience, including module development with plugins, services, etc., as well as basic theme implementation
- Understanding of Git for code management
- Basic debugging and troubleshooting of technical issues, and identifying appropriate solutions which consider the impact on a wider range of functionality and overall usability
- Can identify contradictory requirements and suggest resolutions, including identifying the underlying need that drives the requirements
- Can communicate technical information in a non-technical manner, and ask basic questions to identify technical requirements
- Proficient in object-oriented PHP and other web-oriented technologies
- Be open to giving and receiving honest feedback on technical approach and implementation, peer code review, etc.
- Experience or familiarity with Docker or other container/virtualized development environments
- Proficiency with git (various branching strategies, merging, pull-requests, rebasing, etc.), including an ability to commit code, resolve merge conflicts, and comprehend trunk-based git workflows
- Basic understanding of CI/CD processes
- Understands SQL, including when to use JOINS and aggregation functions (GROUP BY)
- Can independently implement portions of a system to meet specific business requirements given a technical design
- Proficient in PHP as well as other web-oriented technologies, such as React, Node.js, GraphQL, Vue.js, etc.
- Some familiarity with basic automated testing concepts, including behavioral testing, visual regression testing, and using testing automation tools such as Cypress, Jest, Behat, or similar
- Basic understanding of Accessibility (a11) and WCAG standards
- Have experience directly interacting with clients and stakeholders daily
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Frequently remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasional adjusting or moving of light objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
- Continuous communication on live video chats, calls, and through emails and messaging platforms for the purpose of exchanging information.
- Continuous repetitive movements that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Comprehension- Must continuously be able to understand direction and adhere to established procedures. Must also be able to gather information from clients and employees and synthesize this information in a meaningful way. May also be responsible for making improvements or recommendations to existing procedures.
- Organization- Must continuously be able to gather and classify information, store information learned from conversations and communications, and then be and be able to quickly recall, interpret, and explain information.
- Reasoning and Decision Making- Must continuously use logic to analyze and interpret information, and prioritize.
- Communication- Must continuously express or exchange ideas and meaning with employees and clients.
- Resilience- Must continuously adapt well in the face of workplace stressors.
Regarding COVID-19 Vaccination
Phase2 has contracts with the federal government, subjecting it to federal COVID-19 vaccine mandates. If you are under consideration for work on a government contract or plan to work from a Phase2 office location, Phase2 will require you to be vaccinated. Phase2 will permit limited medical and religious exemptions. Upon offer of employment, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status.