Successful candidates will have strong technical skills combined with the ability to be creative and compassionate. They'll be able to manage themselves in a 100% remote-work environment and possess excellent communication habits in order to work well with other team members and clients.
- Writing and debugging front-end code for Drupal (including but not limited to):
- Theme template files, preprocess functions, theme hooks
- Drupal site-building tasks (including but not limited to):
- Enabling and configuring modules
- Settings, configuration management, views, menus, view modes
- Working with local development environments and command line tools
- Attending meetings with the project team to provide updates
- Collaborating, planning, and completing development tasks
- Peer reviewing co-worker and client code changes
- Providing insight to improve front-end expertise of co-workers, contractors, and clients
- Documenting and evaluating requests from clients
- Setting priorities, expectations, and communicating with clients around project needs and task progress
We're Looking For:
- Understanding of Drupal module ecosystem, including paid development experience working with code in Drupal 8 and 9
- Understanding of Package managers like Composer and npm
- Recent experience for all aspects of Drupal theming including UI familiarity, configuration, and basic site administration, creation/manipulation of template files, preprocessing, and writing/overriding theme functions
- Experience with pull request and peer review workflows, including use of Git or other revision control tool for version control in a group setting
- Knowledge and adherence to Drupal coding and security standards
- Familiarity with terminal development tools like Drush
- Familiarity working within an agile workflow and project ticketing systems such as Jira or Trello
- Debugging experience in IE11+, mobile Safari, and more modern browsers
- Strong written and verbal professional communication skills
- Positive and encouraging attitude toward assigned work and co-workers
- Has a professional, collaborative, and proactive approach to people and problems
- The ability to use the following skills on a daily basis: friendliness, judgment, empowerment, respect, integrity, tact, and honesty
- A discerning, critical mindset that avoids cynicism
- Team player with proven ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines
- Self-directed: able to work independently and within a virtual team, and consistently manage your own time and tasks
- A desire for a healthy work/life balance: though additional work may sometimes be necessary, we plan for a 40 hour work week
- Experience creating and managing front-end build processes
- Hands on experience with projects that implemented responsive design
- Knowledge of Docker-based local development environments
- Ability to identify and resolve front-end related performance problems
- Experience creating and/or managing front-end build processes with npm/yarn
- Familiarity with accessibility standards and best practices
- Experience identifying and resolving accessibility related issues
- Familiarity with developer tools available in modern browsers
- Familiarity with managed hosting services and deployment tools
- Been an active member of an open-source web community.
- Hands-on experience with projects that implemented design systems, like Pattern Lab
- Worked with large teams, 5+ people, on large projects from start to finish.
- Two or more years enterprise-level front-end development experience or equivalent relevant experience required.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field is useful.
- Must have a reliable internet connection and a willingness to work from home (or anywhere) in a distributed fashion.
- Must be able to use a computer for up to 8 hours per day
- Must be able to travel 2-3 times per year in the United States for client on-sites and company events.
- We are looking for a full-time (40 hours per week) employee that is legally eligible to work in the United States